Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Fire on Main Street

Yesterday on the way back from Musical Theater Dance Workshop, we saw a firetruck sitting outside the firestation in Cotuit.  As a distraction from some Charlie drama at drama camp I pointed it out along with the two firefighters. 

Charlie said, "Maybe they are going to a fire."  I really didn't think this was so as we witnessed no urgency in their action as we passed by.  But sure enough, a few minutes later I said to Charlie, "I smell smoke."  To which he said, "Maybe it's the fire."

"What fire?"  I just didn't listen to my son.  He saw a fire engine and thought it was heading to a fire.  He was right.  There was a fire.  It destroyed two businesses on Main Street.

As we got closer the air became choked with smoke.  My hair smelled of smoke.  From the drive-through ATM Charlie took pictures and cheered to the firefighters.  Here is what he got..






Five shots one winner.

Here is what the paper got. 
Cape Cod Times. February 22, 2012.  Front Page.  Back Page, Front Section. 




Same action, different angle.  I like Charlie's.  :)  But... he's my kid. 

No comments: